Wednesday, 23 September 2020
Tuesday, 22 September 2020
This week at Retro Rubber, we have an 'Anything Goes' challenge. Of course, since this is Retro Rubber it's not quite anything goes. You still have to use at least one stamp that's a year or more old AND give us an approximate age for it.
Sunday, 20 September 2020
I was playing around with my fantastic new bundle, In the Pines, yesterday. I think I'm going to love this bundle! I always like it when, in addition to dies to cut out the stamped images, there are other exciting extras. In this case, some gorgeous trees.
I took inspiration from the sketch at Fab Friday to get me started.
Friday, 18 September 2020
- Cut piece of Plush Poinsettia Specialty paper 15cmx15cm. You'll get 4 from a whole sheet.
- Score in one direction at 3.5cm, 7cm, 10.5cm and 14cm. This creates the four sides of the cracker and a 1cm overlap.
- In the other direction, score across the sheet 3cm in from each end. This gives you the fold line for the ends.
- Use your bone folder to gently, but firmly score the lines.
- In turns, fold over each of the first set of score lines you made and use the Classic Label punch to take a small notch at each of the places where the horizontal and vertical score lines intersect, as in the picture.
- Die cut or punch out two circles of Whisper White cardstock approximately 6 cm in diameter.
- Cut a piece of Real Red 1cm Sheer Ribbon 18cm long. Loop it in half and attach the ends onto one of the circles. Glue the other circle in place to conceal the ends of the ribbon and hold it firm. This is the base of your decoration.
- Use the largest scalloped edge Layering Circle die to cut a piece of Plush Poinsettia Specialty paper and attach it to the circle base using Stampin' Seal.
- Die cut 5 leaves in Brushed Brass Foil. Attach them to the base, spacing them evenly around the circle.
- Die cut 5 sprays of berries in Brushed Brass Foil. Attach them to the base, evenly spaced into the gaps created by the first set of leaves.
- Die cut 3 sets of berries from the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper and add them to the base, evenly spaced.
- Create your flower. Cut from Red Velvet paper one of each sized set of petals. Cut from Red Foil one of the small flowers. Layer up and add a Beaded Pearl embellishment to the centre.