I can't believe that it's time for a new challenge at As You See It! This time up it's our 'Fill in the Blank' Challenge. What one thing sums up Christmas for you?
Tricky question that one! In the end, for me Christmas is about getting together with family and spending some relaxed time with them all. Sometimes, it's people you haven't seen in a while. Sometimes it's the ones you see all the time. Mostly, you just don't get to see everyone all at once very often. I love the shared meals, the games, swimming in the pool, lazing by the barbecue and the chance to talk and laugh together.
The Merriest Moments bundle has just the sentiment for that feeling: 'together is the merriest place to be.'
This set, with its hybrid embossing folder, makes creating really striking cards incredibly easy - and quick. Using opulent ingredients, such as specialty gold or silver foil or gold shimmer vellum, adds an extra wow factor.
To make this card is very easy. Here's the steps:
1. Emboss a piece of Basic White with the Merriest Frames Hybrid embossing folder.
2. Adhere this to the front of a Thick Basic White card base.
3. Use the die shown in the first photograph on the foil or vellum of your choice. This card uses standard gold foil.
4. Take that die cut and fit it back into the embossing folder and run it through the machine. This gives the die cut all the gorgeous detailing.
5. Layer this onto the Basic White card front.
6. Stamp the sentiment in Versamark and gold heat emboss it.
7. Die cut the sentiment using the stitched rectangle die from the set.
8. Adhere the sentiment on dimensionals.
9. Add embellishments. I've used Gilded Gems.
So easy, you could make multiple of this card really quickly.
Here's a variation made using some of the almost-blue-Specialty Silver Foil, a different sentiment, rhinestones and Night of Navy ink (although Silver embossing works too).
What's your one-word summary of Christmas? You can see what the rest of the team have done and link up your entry at the As You See It Challenge site.
If you live in New Zealand and don't have a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, I'd love to be yours. I can help you with ideas, get you catalogues and provide you with Stampin' Up products. You can leave a message in the comments or contact me using any of the methods listed in the Contact Me tab at the top of the page. You can shop with me from anywhere in New Zealand by clicking on the SHOP NOW button in the sidebar or on any of the products below.