Welcome to the latest hop with the Creativity Abounds team! We're a group of demonstrators from around the world who come together to share ideas and inspiration with you.
On the third Wednesday of the month (or Thursday if you are in the South Pacific), we hop to share some inspiration with you on a particular theme or set. This month, we're featuring Birthdays.
I've created one project to share with you today - and a second one as part of the Creativity Abounds Tutorial Bundle for December. This 13 tutorial bundle is free from me with a qualifying purchase of $90 or more. If you live somewhere other than New Zealand and purchase from a team member there, you'll receive the tutorial bundle from them.
One of my favourite sets is Artistically Inked, especially when paired up with the coordinating Chic dies. I love the useful sentiments and pretty images. You'll see from my two projects that it offers an array of different looks too. The project I'm sharing with you today has a very vintage look, while you'll see from the sneak peek below that my tutorial bundle project is bright and clean.
For this card you will need:
- Blackberry Bliss 21cm x 14.8cm, scored at 10.5cm (8 1/2" x 5 1/4", scored at 4 1/4")
- Moody Mauve 10cm x 14.3cm (4" x 5 1/4")
- Very Vanilla for card front 9.5cm x13.8cm (3 3/4" x 5")
- Very Vanilla for sentiment 10cm x 2.5cm
- Very Vanilla for stamping
- Old Olive
- Moody Mauve for inside 10cm x 14.3cm (4" x 5 1/4")
- Very Vanilla for inside 9.5 x 13.8cm (3 3/4" x 5")
- Fold and burnish the Blackberry Bliss along the score line.
- Adhere one of the pieces of Moody Mauve to the card front at an angle so that all four points touch the edge of the card base (or as near as possible).
- Take the large leaf die from the Artistic dies and cut one from the Old Olive. Set aside.
- Cut a 9cm circle (3 1/2" circle) from the vellum. Emboss with the Timeworn Type embossing folder (or one of your choice). Set aside.
- Stamp one large flower blob in Blackberry Bliss on the Very Vanilla. Stamp 2 of the larger roses in Moody Mauve. Die cut and set aside.
- Stamp the 'Happy Birthday' in Blackberry Bliss on the sentiment Very Vanilla. Die cut with label from Labels Aglow (or of your choice) and set aside.
- You are now ready to create the background pattern for the card front. Take the piece of Very Vanilla for the card front.
- Using the large ink blot stamp, stamp randomly all over the card front in Crumb Cake ink.
- Take the rose shaped flower and stamp 3 or 4 times randomly over the card front in Blackberry Bliss. Don't stamp them too close together as you need room for the leaves.
- Take the double leaf stamp and using Old Olive ink, stamp in some leaves. Make sure some of them go off the edge of the page.
- Add in some of the small rose shaped stamp in Moody Mauve to fill gaps and add colour to the edges.
- Take a blending brush and add a light wash of Crumb Cake around the edge to give a vignette effect
- Adhere this panel to the card front taking care to keep it square with the edges of the card.
- Adhere the embossed vellum circle to the lower left side of the card front.
- Arrange the three stamped flowers, with the largest Blackberry Bliss one on partly on top of,and between, the two Moody Mauve flowers. When you are satisfied with their placement, attach with dimensionals. The large flower, as it overlaps the two smaller ones, will not need as many dimensionals as the overlap can be adhered with tape or glue instead. It may need support in the gap between flowers however, depending on how you've arranged them.
- Take the die cut spray of leaves and cut them into pairs and singles. Tuck them in around the flowers. You can attach them with glue, tape or glue dots. If there is a dimensional in the way, you can cut the unseen part of the leaf off to let it fit in.
- Adhere the sentiment to the cluster. It will be glued in the centre where it is over the raised flowers. It might need a dimensional at the ends if there is a big overhang.
- Add three Iridescent Rhinestone Jewels (or other embellishments of choice)
- Stamp the inside white piece as desired, mat to the second piece of Moody Mauve and adhere to the inside of the card.
If the written instructions are not your thing, then you're welcome to watch the video tutorial instead.
Here's a sneak peek of the project I've made to be part of the Creativity Abounds December Tutorial package.
Remember, it's available from me free with any purchase of $90 or more. If you don't live in New Zealand and can't purchase from me, you will receive the package if you purchase from a team member who is operating in your country. I'm happy to put you in touch with them.
Here's a sneak peek of the whole tutorial package
Head's Up on our February Stamp Camp
In February next year, Creativity Abounds will be running another of our popular On Line Stamp Camps. It will feature the Nature's Sweetness suite from the January-April Mini Catalogue. Access to the camp -and the TWENTY SIX projects and tutorial videos - is ONLY by purchase of the suite from one of our members. Please message if you'd like more information.
If you are a demonstrator, and you wish to join us but have already purchased the suite then you can make an order of similar value from us, let us know, and you will still receive the invitation. Please message me if you want further information,