On the third Wednesday of the month, we hop to share some inspiration with you on a particular theme or set. This month, we're featuring Christmas packaging, gifts or decorations to help you get ready for Christmas.
I've created one project to share with you today - and a second one as part of the Creativity Abounds Tutorial Bundle for November. This 13 tutorial bundle is free from me with a qualifying purchase of $90 or more. If you live somewhere other than New Zealand and purchase from a team member there, you'll receive the tutorial bundle from them.
The Christmas packaging product that Stampin' Up! offers that I love the best is the Cracker and Treat Box Die set. I like that it can be made in different sizes, including the up-sized version I'm sharing today. I like that they can be used as table favours, as treat packages or for gift packaging. How lovely to get a piece of jewellery or small perfume in a package like this?
However, mine are to decorate my Christmas table and as table favours for the big day.
- From the large piece of DSP, cut one cracker die and from the small piece cut 1/2 the cracker die (i.e. 3 sections). I cut mine slightly bigger then trimmed them to size with the paper trimmer. Alternatively, cut three of the whole die pieces then cut one in half so you can create two crackers.
- Join the two sections by adhering one section over the end of the other to create one longer section. Take care that the overlapping section match perfectly.
- Finger fold all the score lines.
- Adhere the two end sections together to create a cylinder, again making sure that the overlapping sections match perfectly.
- Cut the cord into two 30cm (12") sections Fold in the end carefully and tie a bow with one of the lengths of cord to close off the end.
- Turn up so the closed end is at the bottom. Insert your goodies or gift then use the second section of cord to tie off the other end with a bow.
- Die cut a label in your chosen shape from the Very Vanilla.
- Die cut two Garden Green and two Cherry Cobbler leaves using the small pieces from the Timeless Arrangements dies. Layer one of each together and add one pair to each end of the label.
- Attach the decorated label to the cracker barrel with dimensionals.
Here's a sneak peek at the Creativity Abounds Tutorial Bundle, our gift to our customers.