This month, the Artisan Design Team is sharing with you projects made using either the Poinsettia Place suite or Trimming the Town suite. Both are an absolute must-have for your craft stash, for Christmas and beyond.
It's my pleasure to share with you three projects made using Poinsettia Place suite.
I've made a card, a table cracker and a tree decoration, focussing on an elegant, traditional look. I've kept to using white and red with accents in Brushed Brass, one of the components of the Brushed Metallic Foil pack.
One of the most exciting elements of the suite for me is the gorgeous Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper, which is a sturdy flocked vellum and it features in all three projects.
This card demonstrates how very easy it is to make a fabulous card with this suite. To heat emboss to match the Brushed Brass foil, I mixed equal quantities of gold and silver embossing powder.
I have simply heat-embossed and die-cut one of each sized set of petals and arranged them, along with some die-cut leaves and a small flower, over a panel of Plush Poinsettia DSP. Then I've added in one of the absolutely stunning Beaded Pearl embellishments and a couple of Champagne rhinestones. I embossed a layer of Whisper White cardstock with the Subtle embossing folder to add some more texture.
While the card looks complicated, it's really so straight-forward with this set you'll want to pinch yourself!
Christmas Cracker Table Decoration
A set of these, one at each place on the Christmas dinner table would look great! Here's how I did them.
Caroline van der Straaten, Emma Goddard, Helene den Breejen, Jan Clothier, Lauren Alarid, Leah Fedynak, Manuela Geiswinkler, Marine Wiplier, Martha Groger, Martin Stone, Narelle Farrugia, Nina Waldschmidt, Rochelle Blok, Stesha Bloodhart, Tammy Wilson, Zsuzsanna Balazs
- Cut piece of Plush Poinsettia Specialty paper 15cmx15cm. You'll get 4 from a whole sheet.
- Score in one direction at 3.5cm, 7cm, 10.5cm and 14cm. This creates the four sides of the cracker and a 1cm overlap.
- In the other direction, score across the sheet 3cm in from each end. This gives you the fold line for the ends.
- Use your bone folder to gently, but firmly score the lines.
- In turns, fold over each of the first set of score lines you made and use the Classic Label punch to take a small notch at each of the places where the horizontal and vertical score lines intersect, as in the picture.
After you have notched all the intersections, use Stampin' Seal+ on the overlap to join the four sides. It should look like this.
Once you have the basic shape, you can decorate it as desired. I used more of the Brushed Brass to create leaves and foliage with the Poinsettia dies. The Red Velvet paper is great because it holds the impressions of dies. I used the smallest petals die to cut two flowers from Red Velvet Paper and used Red Foil Sheet to cut a small centre and added in another of the luxurious Beaded Pearl embellishments.
One word of caution. It pays to pop the contents of your cracker into a cellophane bag to keep them safe. 😀
You can really see how beautifully the Red Velvet paper holds an impression in this decoration. The dies from this set not only match many of the images in the Poinsettia Place DSP but also in the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper. I've used the dies to cut out some bunches of berries to add in around the edges of the cluster along with the Brushed Brass foil foliage.
Here's how I made it.
- Die cut or punch out two circles of Whisper White cardstock approximately 6 cm in diameter.
- Cut a piece of Real Red 1cm Sheer Ribbon 18cm long. Loop it in half and attach the ends onto one of the circles. Glue the other circle in place to conceal the ends of the ribbon and hold it firm. This is the base of your decoration.
- Use the largest scalloped edge Layering Circle die to cut a piece of Plush Poinsettia Specialty paper and attach it to the circle base using Stampin' Seal.
- Die cut 5 leaves in Brushed Brass Foil. Attach them to the base, spacing them evenly around the circle.
- Die cut 5 sprays of berries in Brushed Brass Foil. Attach them to the base, evenly spaced into the gaps created by the first set of leaves.
- Die cut 3 sets of berries from the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper and add them to the base, evenly spaced.
- Create your flower. Cut from Red Velvet paper one of each sized set of petals. Cut from Red Foil one of the small flowers. Layer up and add a Beaded Pearl embellishment to the centre.
I hope you've seen something here that you'd like to try. For more inspiration, keep hopping around. Next up is the fabulous Lauren Alarid, aka The Crafty Peach.
If you get lost around the hop, here's a list of everyone along with a link.
If you live in New Zealand and don't have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd love to be yours. I can help you with ideas, get you catalogues and provide you with Stampin' Up products. You can leave a message in the comments or contact me using any of the methods listed in the Contact Me tab at the top of the page. You can shop with me from anywhere in New Zealand by clicking on the SHOP NOW button in the sidebar or clicking on any of products below.